Town Belt Kaitiaki School Photo Challenge
Students – take a creative photo of the Dunedin Town Belt and be in to win one of two digital cameras!
To celebrate the first year of the student-led Town Belt Kaitiaki education initiative and the 130th anniversary of the Dunedin Amenities Society, we are giving school students around Dunedin the opportunity to showcase their photographic talent.
- Take a photo in the Dunedin Town Belt and enter it in one of two student age categories: juniors (5 – 12 years) or seniors (13 – 18 years).
- The photo can be of anything in the Town Belt – a beautiful sunset, wildlife, people walking their dog, picking up rubbish… as long as it was taken in the Town Belt
- The senior prize is a DSLR with exchangeable lenses, and the winning junior entry gets a high quality point and shoot camera.
Competition winners will be announced at a prize-giving in October, and the top 10 photos from each age category will be part of a mobile exhibition.
This competition is run by the Town Belt Kaitiaki student leadership team in partnership with Dunedin Amenities Society and with support of the Town Belt Kaitiaki education coordinator.
- Take a photo in the Dunedin Town Belt.
- Competition open to school students between 5 and 18 years old and resident in Dunedin.
- Enter as many times as you like.
- Each entry must state photographer’s name, age, school, location photo was taken and photo title.
Photographs must be submitted to one of the following categories:
- Junior entrants (5 – 12 years of age)
- Senior entrants (13 – 18 years of age)
Entry deadline 28 September 2018
Submit your entries via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org or tag #TownBeltKaitiaki on Instagram.
- Minimum file size 1MB.
- Maximum file size 10MB.
- Photos must be submitted as jpeg files.
- We advise to leave the format of your image in rectangle shape.
- Borders, watermarks or signatures should not be included.